Many people want to do something new with their hair but are unsure about their options. One popular option that they may want to consider is getting hair extensions. Before leaping to get them, it’s essential to know a few things. Bond Street, a salon that offers two types of hair extensions in Delray Beach, Fla., shares some insight on the process and what people need to know.
“Right now, the hair extension industry is huge, which is a great thing,” explains Lauren Donald, owner of Bond Street Salon. “But people need to know what they are getting into and how to help protect themselves and their hair.”
Here are 5 things to know about having hair extensions put in:
- Who puts them in makes a big difference. Some people attempt to put them in on their own, which can be a disaster. Ideally, they should always be put in by a trained professional to protect the hair’s health.
- The two most popular types of hair extensions are hand-tied and tape-in. Both offer unique benefits and provide a quality installation. Opt for extensions made from 100% human hair are also essential, so they are high quality.
- When done right, extensions can provide excellent results that allow people to immediately have long, beautiful hair. The person will also be able to do their routine, such as exercise and swimming, without worrying about their hair coming out.
- Not every type of hair extension is ideal for each person. People should consult with a professional to determine which type is better for the person, based on numerous factors.
- Hair extensions do require some maintenance to keep them looking good and secure. This is a factor that should be evaluated before installation.
“Anyone considering having extensions installed should get a consultation and have all their questions answered,” added Donald. “We want everyone to know the ins and outs and have the best possible experience with them.”
Located at 25 NE 2nd Ave, Suite 112 in Delray Beach, Bond Street’s professionals offer hair extensions, formal updo styles, formal styling, balayage, highlighting, and male and female haircuts. They make a point of keeping up with industry trends and techniques. Donald, who spent time in London learning techniques, teaches them to her new stylists. She also named the salon after the Vidal Sassoon salon in England, Bond Street Salon. To schedule an appointment, call 561-330-8760, or log online: https://bondstreetsalon.com/
About Bond Street
Bond Street is a luxury salon located in Delray Beach, Fla. The salon team takes a total hair health approach to work with each client. Lauren Donald, an expert and educator in the Vidal Sassoon cutting techniques owns the salon. Visit the site online for more information: https://bondstreetsalon.com/
Bond Street Salon
25 NE 2nd Ave #112
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Courrier Quotidien journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.